The main advantage of SAPUI5 is, it supports both SAP and non-SAP platforms.
- Secure - SAPUI5 is essentially cross-platform compatible thus has increased security. SAPUI5 has indirect connection to the SAP server through SAP Netweaver Gateway, OData and the latest SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform).
- Uses OData for communication - Communication between an application done with SAPUI5 and the SAP system is done through secure OData services - the latest standard by Microsoft. OData is confirmed secure technology which is currently used by Facebook, eBay, Netflix and Stack Overflow.
- Supports SUP - SAPUI5 can work with the newest version of Sybase Unwired Platform
- HTML5 and CSS3 again - The layout of the app is prepared with the use of HTML5 and CSS3, which provides flexible solutions dedicated to many devices and screen resolutions.
- Support of jQuery – This simply means SAPUI5 has no constraints concerning the development of animations and effects.
- Supports open source libraries – Open source libraries delivered by SAP allow developers to extend existing UI controls (dialogue windows, charts, tables, buttons, combo-boxes, data pickers, accordions) as well as to create new ones from scratch. To edit UI controls a developer can use the ECLIPSE editor
- Supports MVC architecture - The SAPUI5 technology supports the MVC (model–view–controller) architecture pattern, which enables every programmer get well-structured and understandable code
- Supports different platforms - The final SAPUI5 application can be stored directly on a built-in SAP web server or on open source platforms like Apache and Tomcat. It also runs on various platforms such as SAP Netweaver AS ABAP/Java, Sybase (SAP Unwired Platform) and SAP Hana XS
- Supports multiple data sources - SAPUI5 enables the combination of multiple data sources such as OData services, databases and external systems, as well as the data from multiple SAP systems, all in a single application.